You will be permitted to go home within two hours after cataract surgery. You may go home and rest. The eye drops are started after the dressing in the evening or next morning.
- There is no diet restriction.
- Playing with children is to be avoided for a few days.
- Do not rub the eye with hand or handkerchiefs. Use only tissues which can be used and thrown away. This prevents infections.
- Head bath is permitted after 3 days of surgery.
- If the eyes need to be kept clean after surgery, they should be wiped with cotton dipped in boiled and cooled water.
- Hands should be washed with soap and water before putting the eye drops.
- All activities at home are allowed after 2 days, including reading, writing, watching TV, Cooking and taking an evening walk in non crowded areas.
How to put the drops in your eyes after operation
- First shake the bottle and remove the cap. Hold the bottle upside down with your index finger on the bottom as in the photograph.
- Pull down the lower lid of the eye with your other hand and hold the tip of the over the eye. Press on the bottom of the bottle with the index finger and a single drop will fall into the eye. Only one drop is all that is required.